Van Insurance Tips
There are many tips and tricks to keep your van insurance premiums lower. You may find that some or all of them are applicable to you but it is worth exploring every one to see if they can save you money when you come to buy your van insurance.
Make sure you get as many van insurance quotes as possible - this will ensure you are able to compare all your van insurance quotes and get the best very deal. Use the same criteria when you get all your van insurance quotes - that way you will be sure that you are comparing like with like. Discounts and savings can often be found for the following:
- Claim free drivers
- Drivers without convictions
- Cover older drivers
- Multiple van insurance policies with the same insurance company - this may save you money for a fleet
- Apply online and save money on van insurance - most van insurance providers offer discounts for online applications
- Look to apply discounts from your current van insurance provider or other policy if applicable
- Keep your vans or commercial vehicles in locked premises overnight
- Keep extras such as panelling to a minimum
- Fit security devices
- Use a van insurance provider that you may have other insurance policies with - they may offer a discount for van insurance
You can also try increasing your excess (the amount you pay in each claim) - this often results in a lower overall van insurance premium. Also, evaluate your van insurance in relation to other types of insurance - and work out whether you need third party, fire and theft only or more comprehensive van insurance. Plus, make sure that your liability insurance is high enough to cover you in the event you are sued and need to settle a difficult claim for medical bills or compensation etc.
Do you really need comprehensive van insurance or commercial vehicle insurance? If your van or vans are second hand then this may not be the best value for money for your business. Also, make sure you read your van insurance policy thorughly so that you know your liability in the event of any claim.
Van Insurance Direct aims to give you as much information as possible about van insurance and commercial vehicle insurance and why you must have this specialist insurance for your vehicle. We have gathered together links to a selection of the top online van insurance providers but we do not provide or endorse any particular product or make recommendations in any way. Please ensure that the van insurance or commercial vehicle insurance product that you purchase from any online provider meets your needs and that the provider is correctly regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).